Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Thanksgiving : FAVORITE PHOTO FRIDAY : 15

I recently saw an article where they recommended telling your loved ones how you feel about them.  They also recommended writing it so they can read it as many times as they want.  With Thanksgiving being next week I decided to write a few letters thanking people.  One of the letters went to my Uncle Paul.  I think I will let a paragraph from the letter and these two photos take it from here...

"...We have friends and relatives that were shocked to hear you were not actually our grandfather but our great uncle.  You made a huge effort to be there for us our entire life and I am so incredibly thankful for that.  There isn’t a piano recital, school play, church play, birthday party or graduation that I can think back on and not see your face.  You sacrificed so much of your time and your life so that us kids would know that we were loved and that someone was proud of us.  Now that I’m older, I know you couldn’t have actually enjoyed all of the events but you came anyways and you came with a smile.  Thank you for always being my cheerleader..."

Happy Thanksgiving!  Take some time to tell people what they mean to you.  I promise it will make your heart almost as happy as it will make theirs.


No comments:

Post a Comment