Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Adventure Bound Camping Resorts Photo Review : Four Winds

Over the 4th of July, my husband and I went to NY to visit his family.  During the summer, his brother's family stays in their camper at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts, Four Winds.  We stayed with them for a week and had a BLAST.  This place is by far one of my favorite places to camp!  If you are looking to camp in upstate NY, check this place out!  The camp is located at 7350 Tenefly Rd, Portageville, NY 14536.  Here is a photo review of our time there.


They have a great pond that is surrounded by tall grass.  There is a mowed path around the pond so you can get around it pretty easily.  My niece and nephews love swimming in it!  


If you are at the pond and turn around, this is your view. 

This campground had awesome shade!  Maybe I am just used to MD campgrounds that are basically a field, but the size and shade of these campsites really impressed me!

You can kind of see in this picture that each campsite has its own picnic table and fire ring.  There are also handy trashcans placed around the loops - with HEAVY lids (keeps the smell in and the animals out)!

Four Winds is pet friendly!  Another reason I love all of the shade and convenient trashcans. 


Not only do they have a pond, but they have a creek.  I'm actually told that it is not a creek it is a crick?  Either way, it rocks. There are tons of plants on the creek bed which means some fun with my macro lens!


The creek has lots of crayfish if you are into catching them.  I personally don't care for things that pinch, but it can't be all that bad if my 4 year old niece held it!  I was convinced by my nephew to touch it, but didn't hold it.  When walking around the pond, we heard lots of bullfrogs.  I asked them to catch me one and they brought me back a tadpole.  :)



When I travel anywhere I over pack.  It is a problem.  I over pack as in 3-4 outfits per day - but, I am always prepared! :)  If you are an under packer, then you will love that this campground has a laundry room.  They have a table to fold your clothes, a place to hang up clothes on and chairs to sit in if you feel like waiting there.  It was very clean!

Speaking of clean, lets talk about the bathrooms!!  If you know me at all, you know that I CAN NOT STAND public restrooms.  I do everything possible to avoid them.  Gross.  

Well, these bathrooms are fantastic!! When you first walk in there is a nice little bench for people to sit on if you are waiting on someone in the bathroom.  The entire week I was there I never waited once for a toilet or shower.  

The showers have a big changing space, have actual doors (not curtains) and my favorite part - you can control the water temperature and pressure!  I have been to campgrounds where you have to push a button every 2 minutes to keep the water on, insert quarters to use water or just have cold water, but not here!!  Seriously, their staff does a great job with keeping it clean. 

If you have kids, or like to have fun, you will enjoy the fun zone!  They have 3 water slides.  The kids LOVED it!  I wish I would have tried it!! 





They just put in new cabins this year that are so nice!!  They have one room with a queen size bed, another room with bunk beds and a really nice bathroom.  The living room and kitchen are one big room.  The living room has a pull out futon which is nice!  You can really sleep a lot of people in there.  I am planning on staying there this fall! 

The cabins are in a more secluded part of the campground.  If you want to get to the pond or the stream, you will have to drive your Barbie Jeep (or just walk) a short ways down the hill.


I really enjoyed my time at Four Winds and would not hesitate to stay there again.  The staff was friendly, there was a lot for the kids to do and you can not beat their view of the stars.  It really is a gorgeous campground.  Hopefully I will get to do a photo session there next summer.

Another thing I like about this campground, is that it is 5-10 minutes away from Letchworth State Park.  I love this park!  It is HUGE.  It is perfect for hiking, exploring and serves as an awesome backdrop for photos!










Are you in NY and looking to schedule a portrait session with me?  I'd love to talk to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment