Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Basignani Winery : FAVORITE PHOTO FRIDAY : 12

Today's Favorite Photo Friday comes to you from Basignani Winery! My friend Lucy and I got to spend the day there together last fall.  She had bought a groupon  for wine tasting and so we took a picnic lunch up and got to catch up.  It was a little chilly, but we had a blast!




Have you ever twirled around in a leopard snuggie while in a vineyard?

Lucy and I met the first day of kindergarten at Bethel Christian Academy, which means we have now known each other for over 20 years.  She was tall, blonde and was the youngest, I was short, had dark hair and the oldest; but we were the best of friends!  All thru elementary school and middle school we were inseparable.  We took piano lessons from the same teacher, showed cows in 4-H together, and shared a scary love for beanie babies. Some of my favorite childhood memories are with her.  After middle school, we ended up at different high schools and kinda went our separate ways for a while, but of course always still kept in touch.

New friends are awesome, but nothing will ever beat a long time friend who knows every single secret of your life.  Old friends remember who broke your heart in high school and they remember how you got in trouble during your 6th birthday party.  Old friends have a way of being friends for life, no matter how many miles are in between.

Lucy, you were my first best friend and I'm so thankful to have you in my life.  You helped make me the person I am today.  I love you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment