Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

The Elkridge Furnace Inn Wedding : Cody & Allison : August 23, 2013

Here is it!! The wedding post! I have no words for how excited I was for these two people!! These two are so in love and so adorable together.  I'm so honored to have been there to capture these two amazing people promise to spend their lives together.

The day started out with me going to Allison's apartment to capture the girls getting ready and all of the fun details that go along with that!  


Allison put together these adorable gift boxes for each of her bridesmaids.  She put SO much time and thought into them.  Everything in the box went along with the color scheme of the wedding, including jewelry and the survival bags!





Melanie Atkins from Dakota Salon was there to do Allison's hair and makeup. 






After a quick lunch break, we all headed over to The Elkridge Furnace Inn!


The bridal suite at The Elkridge Furnace Inn is gorgeous.  I love that window and I LOVE her dress!!





I don't know if I have ever seen a bride so calm and collected on her wedding day.  Allie was helping her girls fix their dresses before getting into hers!







During Cody & Allison's engagement session, Cody was quiet.  I really got to see how big Cody's heart is during the few moments we took to do photos of him before the first look.  I asked Cody if he was excited to see Allison.  He got the biggest smile I have ever seen and said, "I just can't wait to see her.  I KNOW she is going to look beautiful. MAN you should have seen her last night at rehearsal, she looked gorgeous in her purple dress and I can't even imagine what she will look like in a wedding dress."



When we arrived at The Elkridge Furnace Inn it had started sprinkling.  Allison and Cody both wished to proceed with everything outside as planned, so we bustled her dress to keep it as dry as possible and headed outside for the first look.




This may be one of my favorite pictures of all time.  He is just so happy!!

















After pictures with the girls, it was time for bridal party pictures.  This was one of the most fun groups I have ever had the pleasure of working with.  They were such troopers!  The spitting rain turned into more of a steady rain, but not one person complained about it.  Allison and Cody wanted bridal party pictures outside and their bridal party made it possible! 




I met the ring bearer as soon as I got to the Inn that day.  He was completely dressed and just waiting on the steps for everyone to get there.  He is only 7 and was by far the best behaved 7 year old I have ever worked with.  There was no adult that accompanied him to the photos.  He did what we asked and that was that.  He was awesome!!

























How AMAZING is the groom's cake??



























This wedding reception was by far the most energetic and fun crowd I have ever photographed.   Beat 2 Beat DJs did a FANTASTIC job keeping the crowd going the entire night.  It was an absolute pleasure to work with them and I hope to have that pleasure again!













Allison and Cody, I had so much fun capturing your special day!  It was an honor and I thank you for trusting me to document your once in a lifetime event!

1 comment:

  1. Due to time limits at the church, JP & I had our bridal party/family pix taken prior to the ceremony too. I think it really helped to relax everyone. LOVE the rings on the bottle caps. Minister with a bum foot - a memory for a lifetime :-). Groom's cake reminds me of my cousin Dave's wedding - he's a HUGE Star Wars fan. I got tiny SW figurines & placed them all around the cake tiers. He & his bride loved it. Looks like it was an awesome party. Mazel tov to the couple! smp

    ReplyDelete