Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Capital Foursquare Church Wedding : Lauren & Michael : June 29, 2013

I got to the church an hour earlier than scheduled (to make sure I beat all of the traffic) and was able to take a look around before anyone got there.  It was quiet, peaceful and gorgeous.  As far as churches go, this one was absolutely perfect for a wedding.  Gorgeous doors, a huge foyer, awesome youth room, WONDERFUL bathrooms (I'm talking nicer than Nordstrom's!), and the most perfect leather couch in the bridal suite.

Michael arrived to the church and was nothing but smiles.  He didn't seem nervous at all, just so ready to marry the love of his life.  Lauren arrived all smiles as well, but was a little distracted by all of the final touches she had left to do.

I started out spending a few moments with Michael.  Since I had already taken engagement photos of him and Lauren, we were already comfortable around each other and I knew what felt comfortable for him in front of the camera.  We grabbed a few of him with his boys too!






How fun are these socks?!

I took one look at this room and knew we HAD to do a photo in there.  How cool is this youth room?!

Next I got to spend some time with Lauren and her girls getting ready.  I always LOVE this part of the wedding day.  The makeup, the dress, the butterflies, the smiles, the embraces between best friends and the happy tears from mom and dad.





This beauty is the brides youngest sister.  She added such a fun and lighthearted spirit to the day!  She was so full of excitement and wonder.  It was awesome!










After the first look with Dad, they did a something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue presentation.  Such a neat and memorable thing.


Lauren and Michael both took time before the ceremony to commit their marriage to God.  It was such a beautiful thing.  


Imagine a huge sanctuary with no lights on but the stage lights.  Candles and rose petals lining the isle.  The gorgeous doors open and the bridal party walks in to How He Loves being sung and played.  Michael is smiling ear to ear and all eyes are on the door in the back waiting for Lauren to appear.


Once they finish How He Loves, there was a brief moment of silence before they begin singing I Can't Help Falling In Love With You.  As soon as they got thru the first verse, Lauren appears.  It was a goose bump moment!      

Wise Men say
only fools rush in
but I cant help
falling in love with you

Shall I stay
would it be a sin
if I can't help falling in love with you...

Like a river flows, surely to the sea
Darlin so it goes, somethings are meant to be..
Take my hand, take my whole life too
for I can't help fallin in love with you...

Like a river flows, surely to the sea
Darlin so it goes, somethings are meant to be..

Take my hand take my whole life too for I cant help
falling in love with you

for I cant help falling in love with...... you.
The look on Michael's face when he saw Lauren is priceless.  I think in every girl's dream, this is how the man reacts to seeing you walk down the isle!



Lauren's parents are both pastors.  They said, "Jay and I always said we made them together, raised them together and if they will have us, we will marry them together."  How. Cool.






After the ceremony, we headed outside for family photos and bridal party photos!  It was hot and sunny, but we had fun.







I absolutely adore this couple and I LOVE taking pictures of them. 








I remember getting a text from Lauren saying something along the lines of OMG YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THE CHURCH DOORS.  She was right!






Their reception was held in the foyer of the church.  It was gorgeous!






















This young man stole my heart!  He had such a kind spirit and was an incredible dancer!






This watch was one of Lauren's first gifts to Michael.  It's engraving reads, "I'll love you forever." <3


Lauren and Michael it was such an honor to be chosen to photograph your wedding.  Thank you for allowing me to be there for every smile, hug, tear and kiss shared that day and for believing in me and trusting me with your day.  I wish you both all the happiness in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment