Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Highland Maryland Family Photos : Marshall Sisters 2012

This is so late, it is embarrassing. Oh well!  Better late than never :).

I have a big family.  A HUGE family, and I LOVE it! My Mom-mom and Pop-pop had 9 children, 3 boys and 6 girls.  There are currently 39 grand children and 23 great grand children.

One thing my family is awesome at is making traditions.  This post is about one of those traditions....

When my grandfather was alive, he would always take all of his girls out on a day between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I remember my mom looking forward to this day.  They spent the day shopping and having a nice dinner and sometimes my mom would come home with flowers, sometimes she would come home with a box of her favorite candies.  He took a day and made it all about his girls.  They loved it and looked forward to it.

Now that he is gone, my Mom puts together a Christmas Brunch for her sisters every year.  It is usually held the first Saturday in December and each year has a specific theme.  My Mom prepares for this for days.  Each sister brings a dish for the brunch, they do a gift exchange and then they all go shopping.  After they are done shopping, they all go out to dinner and end up back at my Mom's where they have a sleepover.

Growing up, we all knew that "Brunch Day" meant we would be gone for the entire day.  When I was younger, my Dad used this time to take all of us kids out to breakfast and shopping.  I was spending this particular "Brunch Day" at home in my pajamas.  I started getting all of these phone calls and finally decided to listen to the voice mails.  My aunts were calling and asking me to come over and take photos of all of them together.

Each one of my aunts are so special to me and I'm so thankful to have them in my life.  My grandma is a rock star.  I love her so much.  I'm so glad I was able to do this for them.  Here are a few of my favorites! 





I hope your family has traditions and you have special memories with your loved ones.  Hold them tight.  Life goes by way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment