Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

PERSONAL: The start of this blog

I have been meaning to write this post since I started the blog, but sadly am just now getting around to it. 

Blogging is something I had wanted to do for a long time.  Like a seriously long time, but it wasn't until recently that I was pushed encouraged to create one, and I have this guy to thank for it.

My husband and I had just started going to a new church and they were having a ladies event.  For those that don't know me, I don't really tend to go to events, ever, so it is an absolute miracle I signed up and went.  While I was there I met a girl named Jess.  We started talking and found out we belonged (but never went) to the same gym! We agreed to start going together, started talking about our husbands and found out her husband is a photographer too!

Soon after we met them, they found out they were moving to Hawaii.  The few short months we were in the same state we hung out and talked and became fast friends.  Seriously, Jim and Jess are the type of people that you feel like you have known your entire life.  Before they left for Hawaii Jim gave Derek guitar lessons and Jess left me with half of her shoe collection!! We miss them so much, but they are fantastic about checking in via email, facebook and twitter.

So, as I'm sure you are gathering by now, Jim and Jess are really awesome people.  One thing they are really awesome at is encouraging people.  Like seriously awesome at it.  Jim found out I wanted to start a photography blog and he encouraged me step by step to do it.  Even wrote "how to" posts on his own blog to help me out, answered countless emails and gave me so much advice.  As if the blog help wasn't enough, he gave me the push I needed to create my website.

Jim and Jess are currently in Hawaii serving at YWAM.  I am so sad they are not in Maryland anymore, but so excited to see what God is doing for them and thru them in Hawaii.  If you want some good blogs to read, I highly suggest checking theirs out!  They have a personal one and a photography one.  You will not be sorry!

Jim and Jess, thank you for being such amazing friends to Derek and I, even from all the way in Hawaii!  We look forward to hanging out with you both next time you are back in Maryland.       

No comments:

Post a Comment